The following job posting from Elasticity was NOT written by Aaron Perlut or Andy Barnett, and instead, was penned by Nick Walden. Hence, it’s the most boring job posting to ever be posted in a job posting posted by Elasticity about jobs that are posted in postings about jobs. But still, you know, we’re hiring. That doesn’t suck.
As a Senior Graphic Designer at Elasticity, you will be a key player in the creation visually stunning work that effectively communicates the ideas, emotions and themes of our agency and clients. You will use a variety of design techniques, tools and technology and stay abreast of the latest trends in visual communication and design. You will create assets for traditional print and branding as well as websites, digital and social media. You’re a creative problem solver, willing to explore different possibilities while ensuring yourself and other designers are meeting deadlines and producing top-level designs. You will also be responsible for managing relationships with third-party vendors and production teams in order to ensure on-time delivery and quality standards.
As a Senior Graphic Designer, you will report to the Creative Director, though you must be willing to work independently and with other designers to create compelling and effective work. You will ensure work coming from the design team adheres to brand guidelines. You will be able to present concepts to the internal creative, account and client teams, as well as adjust concepts based upon feedback from internal staff and clients. You are part of the overall creative team and will be asked to provide input and ideas on a wide range of projects.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Leads in the development of creative mockups, layouts, renderings and final artwork for a variety of print and digital materials based on client specification, needs and brand image
- Development of brand identities and guidelines
- Ensuring visual assets are consistent with client and agency brand guidelines for themselves and other junior designers
- Creative production and development of final artwork for various third-party vendors
- Present ideas and rationale to internal staff and clients for various creative projects in order to attain feedback and approval
- Communication with outside vendors for the production of various projects
- Help manage creative assignments among other members of the design team
- Looks for outside resources to help build skills and technical ability of the creative team
- Effectively communicate progress and timelines other agency staff
- Evaluate and manage production resources to enhance productivity
- Mentor other members of the creative team to increase time management, skills and performance
- Proactively contributes to creative brainstorms and idea sessions
- Ability to give and receive feedback from both internal staff and clients
- Aid in the development of pitch materials for new business endeavors
- Other duties as assigned
- A creative mindset with a willingness to push boundaries and try new things
- Exhibits extensive knowledge of design principles, color theory and layout
- Highly proficient computer skills, especially with Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of social media platforms, styles and trends
- Ability to incorporate feedback from multiple sources including internal team members and clients
- Effective time management and ability to deliver concepts and projects on time
- Ability to create engaging and effective creative projects from oral and written
- Ability to effectively communicate design choices and rationale
- Embraces agency hours, which extend beyond a 40-hour work week
- Willingness to travel (0-5%)
For more than a decade, we’ve continually found a better way — stretching the boundaries of digital marketing, driving engagement and acquiring new audiences for a broad range of brands and organizations like Mattress Firm, Spectrum/Charter Communications, Capital One, H&R Block, the State of Missouri, Fireball Whisky, Best Buy and more. We are analytical to the core — leveraging data to understand, identify and build audiences — creating authentic, breakthrough creative and harnessing digital media to build connections, brands, and loyalty that ultimately drives sales for our clients.
NOTE: During the pandemic, working from home is an option, unless you kinda suck.
So if you meet the aforementioned criteria, are results driven, tired of the same old BS and believe in a tank-top optional workplace – let’s talk. Send us a DM on social media (@goelastic), a hand-written letter via carrier pigeon or email us at [email protected].