Elasticity is seeking a talented Designer. Before you start jamming up our email with resumes and work samples, realize that we need more than a pixel pusher (must remember for future client campaign focused on play-on-word nonsense). We need a creative thinker as well as a disciplined doer (which is Latin for get shit done). At Elasticity, we’re interested in creating smart, strategic content on behalf of our diverse set of clients. But more importantly, creating quality content for the audiences those organizations need to reach. Interested? Here’s, what we need:
PERSONAL STANDARDS & COMMITMENT
Ok, so we have a ‘job’ available – but let’s face it – this is kind of about you. If we have to tell you exactly what the job will entail or what you’ll be doing, we clearly would have omitted the words ‘creative’ and ‘thinker’ from the albeit brief, but direct job description. You should have personal goals, standards, ethics, ideas, hairstyles, et al. We won’t be here to pat you on the back (in a purely professional way) for every job well done, because if you nailed it, you’ll know and you’ll pat yourself on the back (in whatever way you want) and have the junkal fortitude to challenge the rest of the team to one-up themselves the next time around. It’s not about ego – that shit does not fly around here unless your name is Brian….or Aaron….or Jason….or Ann….or…. Anyhow, it’s about diligently and consistently creating a body of work that you can take pride in — and not just for your boss, fame or accolades. If at the end of a ‘good’ day, you continue to challenge yourself, you’re welcome here at Elasticity.
TECHNICAL SKILLS – (WE’RE OVERSTATING THE OBVIOUS HERE)
- Proficient in: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign;
- Motion graphics and video experience a plus, but not necessarily required;
- Knowledgeable in interaction design principles and best practices;
- General understanding of HTML and CSS and have experience creating responsive designs for web and mobile projects;
- Decent body odor;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines;
- Either really good hair, or no hair at all;
- Work well as individual or as part of a team;
- Enjoy drinking for 40% off at a bar in our lobby;
- Detail oriented (or if you have ADHD, you’re heavily medicated).
Compromise, respect, communication – these are the core of a good team dynamic and should be at the center of the work you do. In short, don’t be an asshole. You will need to be able to communicate the choices you made in a clear and concise manner while being open to criticism and feedback from team members and clients. Confidence is welcome, large egos are not. We’re looking for someone eager to work, learn and grow, while being a contributing member to the overall creative team.
Along with a portfolio of work samples, please provide a brief description of your very first employment endeavor (a.k.a your first job), and explain how this particular job did or did not set you on a path to pursue a career in creative. Our current Creative Director was a lifeguard (and still utilizes a whistle at the office), so you have your work cut out for you.
Send inquiry to RobotOverlord@Goelastic.com.