Do your friends roll their eyes at you when you call out the names of the fonts on their shirts?
We won’t. We love fonts (even Papyrus???)… and shirts.
The Elasticity team is growing and in search of a Graphic Designer to add to our growing team of napkin sketchers and pixel pushers.
What to expect when you’re expecting… to be a designer
As a Graphic Designer at Elasticity, your main role will be to create face-melting, brain imploding, visually stunning work that effectively communicates the ideas, emotions and themes of our agency and clients. You will use a variety of design techniques, tools and technology and stay up-to-date with the latest trends in visual communication and design. You will create assets for websites, digital campaigns and social media along with traditional print and branding.
We’re looking for a creative problem solver who is willing to explore different possibilities while still meeting deadlines and producing top-level designs.
In this role, you will report to the Creative Director, though you must be willing to work independently and with other team members and designers to create compelling and effective work that adheres to client and agency brand standards. You will be able to present concepts to the internal creative and account teams as well as adjust concepts based on feedback from internal staff and clients. You are part of the overall creative team and will be asked to provide input and ideas on a wide range of projects.
What you’ll do:
- Participate and lead in the development of creative mockups, layouts, renderings and final artwork for a variety of digital and print materials based on client specifications, needs and brand image.
- Development of brand identities and guidelines.
- Pick up Denny’s dry cleaning (it’s actually Aaron’s but he asks Denny to do it).
- Ensuring visual assets are consistent with client and agency brand guidelines for themselves and other junior designers.
- Creative production and development of final artwork for various third-party vendors.
- Present ideas and rationale to internal team and clients for various creative projects in order to attain feedback and approval.
- Communicate effectively with internal teams and outside vendors for the production of various projects.
- Effectively articulate progress and timelines other agency staff.
- Understand the early stages of hip-hop’s evolution as an art form in the late ‘70s and ‘80s.
- Proactively contributes to creative brainstorms and idea sessions.
- Give and receive feedback from both internal staff and clients.
- Aid in the development of pitch materials for new business endeavors
- Other duties as assigned including the fetching of food and drink, fixing showerheads and more.
What you’ll need:
- A creative mindset with a willingness to push boundaries and try new things.
- Exhibit extensive knowledge of design principles, color theory and layout.
- Tolerance for semi-annoying people (Aaron and Jason).
- Highly proficient computer skills, especially with Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail to the point that your cover letter must include a treatise on your favorite Olympic mascot.
- Knowledge of social media platforms (MySpace, Friendster), styles and trends.
- Ability to incorporate feedback from multiple sources including internal team members and clients.
- Effective time management and ability to deliver concepts and projects on time.
- Ability to create engaging and effective creative projects from oral and written/
- Ability to effectively communicate design choices and rationale.
- Embraces agency hours, which extend beyond a 40-hour workweek.
- Willingness to travel (0-5%).
For more than a decade, we’ve been stretching the boundaries of digital marketing, driving engagement and acquiring new audiences for a broad range of brands and organizations like Mattress Firm, Spectrum/Charter Communications, Capital One, H&R Block, the State of Missouri, Fireball Whisky, Best Buy and more. We are analytical to the core — leveraging data to understand, identify and build audiences — creating authentic, breakthrough creative and harnessing digital media to build connections, brands, and loyalty that ultimately drives sales for our clients.
NOTE: Elasticity is a hybrid workplace. You’ll have the flexibility to work from home and in our offices.
So if you meet the aforementioned criteria, are results-driven, tired of the same old BS and believe in a tank-top optional workplace – let’s talk. Send us a DM on social media (@goelastic), a hand-written letter via carrier pigeon or email us at [email protected].