Are you looking for a progressive, innovative culture with a company that treats its employees like actual human beings? Want to enjoy your day-to-day work, have a life outside of the office and be challenged to grow as a professional?
It’s your lucky day, friend.
Elasticity is looking for an experienced Media Director with strategy coursing through their soul to lead our burgeoning media planning and buying group. In this position, we’re looking for someone who not only has deep experience in buying media, but also well versed in leading a team dedicated to delivering uncompromising client service. A strong, detail-oriented, analytical mind is an imperative. A prowess for ping-pong is a plus.
So, just who in the heck is Elasticity?
Elasticity is headquartered in St. Louis with offices in Dallas, Los Angeles and Denver. We are an integrated communications, advertising and content marketing agency delivering capabilities that span earned, owned and paid media channels that has worked with the likes of Mastercard, MattressFirm, the State of Missouri, Fireball Whisky, GoDaddy, H&R Block, the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, Spectrum Communications, CapitalOne and more.
We are known for disrupting the norm by creating smart, sometimes offbeat, yet highly strategic and integrated marketing communications programs and advertising campaigns. We’re a boutique firm but have diverse capabilities spanning digital, social, influencer, paid media, search and content marketing, multicultural communications, data analytics and media relations.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Lead Elasticity’s media planning and buying group.
- Oversee paid media planning, strategy development, buying and reporting.
- Work directly with account managers, creative and social media teams to execute strong marketing and communications campaigns.
- Follow trends and updates in the industry to bring up-to-date and cutting edge media recommendations to our clients. In our industry, we must innovate, or become irrelevant.
- Use third party research resources to identify key media opportunities for clients.
- Set processes to optimize workflow between departments to achieve successful and effective campaigns for our clients.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with media vendors.
- Communicating directly with key clients.
- Participate in new business pitches.
The qualifications we’re seeking:
- 10+ years agency experience in media planning and buying.
- Above average Lite Brite ability.
- Strong negotiation skills. Outstanding communication ability.
- Experience planning and buying across all channels of media (TV, Radio, Print, Outdoor, Social, Digital, etc.).
- Possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with our clients and internal marketing experts. If you’re not a team player, please don’t bother.
- Capable of adapting media plans quickly to changes in client objectives or content performance.
- Ability to play the harp is preferred, but not required.
- Proven ability to mentor, train and cultivate a strong and thriving team of media buyers, planners and analysts.
Think you’re up to it?
Want to apply? Send an email and resume starting with “Dearest Robot Overlord” to firstname.lastname@example.org. And please, show some creativity, demonstrate flair, show us how you’ve gone against the grain, yet kept everyone on the team aligned and the client happy with the result.