Are you a mid- to senior-level public relations professional who is tired of a somewhat unfulfilling existence at a big agency or lumbering within the narrow confines of corporate America? Perhaps Monthly Dungaree Day doesn’t cut it for you and you’re looking for a progressive culture that values diverse perspectives and truly wants you to excel, grow and enjoy your day-to-day work?
We may have some good news for you.
Award winning integrated marketing communications agency Elasticity is searching for detail-oriented public relations professionals who can manage client relationships and the minute details of media relations work, enjoys working with journalists, has 5 – 10 years experience working in PR, enjoys and excels at pitching journalists, can interact with a range of government and business leaders, and appreciates working in lockstep with a diverse team.
But here’s the honest truth about this role: If you enjoy consistency and a constant hand-holding, it’s not for you. Each day will bring a different set of challenges and we need you to be a self-starter. One day you may be pitching a news outlet and the next you may be presenting to a client, then the following week you may be sitting in a conference room brainstorming tactics to get Americans to wear masks or drink medium-quality beer. We hire multifaceted team members and you’ll never be bored.
What The Hell is Elasticity?
How do you boil down a complex combination of art and science that has helped brands ranging from Mastercard to Best Buy, CapitalOne to GoDaddy, Fireball Whisky, H&R Block, the Federal Reserve Bank, the State of Missouri, Boulder County Health, the Denver Museum of Nature & Science and many more?
Let’s start here: With offices in St. Louis, Denver, Dallas, Miami, Washington, D.C., Las Vegas and Los Angeles — for more than a decade Elasticity has stretched the boundaries of digital marketing, driving engagement and acquiring new audiences for a broad range of brands and organizations. Analytical to the core, we leverage data to understand, identify and build audiences – then we work to create authentic, breakthrough creative content and harness the power of the digital media landscape to build connections, elevate brands and drive customer loyalty that ultimately increases revenues for our clients.
For a boutique firm, our capabilities are broad and include brand strategy, digital audience engagement, search and content marketing, media relations, paid media management, web and app development and data analytics (we dropped sandwich board marketing in 2019).
- Some 5 – 10 years of public relations experience.
- A strong overall communicator and writing ability who’s detail oriented and thinks strategically.
- Good hair or abject baldness (extremes are embraced) – but nothing in between.
- Digitally inclined with an understanding of the integration of the digital and traditional marketing spaces.
- Knowledge of at least two dance maneuvers (and one must be breakdancing)
- A get-shit-done attitude with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- If you are not a team player, we want NOTHINGto do with you and will figure it out very, very fast – we promise.
- A comparative analysis between the bands Wilco and Sun Volt and an explanation as to why Jeff Tweedy and Jay Farrar could not coexist within Uncle Tupelo.
- Did we mention detail oriented? Seriously, this is not just some jargon we picked up from the Internet.
Please, do NOT send us a resume and a letter that says “Dear hiring manager.” We don’t read those. Send smoke signals to the almighty Robot Overlord via [email protected] and please – show some creativity. S/He/They (robot pronouns are so tricky these days) will look for relevant experience and creativity. Demonstrate flair, show us how you’ve gone against the grain, yet kept everyone on the team aligned and the client happy with the result.